Healdsburg, California is a historic, happening little town in Sonoma County. Oenophiles, lovers of the outdoors and everyone in between will find plenty to do in this diverse destination. Whether your interest lies in visiting wineries, fun festivals, hiking, antiquing or museums, Healdsburg has an attraction for you.
River Rock Casino
- Situated in the Alexander Valley of Geyersville, California, the River Rock Casino is a gaming facility owned by the Pomo Tribe. Open 24 hours, seven days a week, this popular spot offers a jackpot of things to do from trying your luck at the tables to dining and live entertainment. Visit www.riverrockcasino.com.
Raven Performing Arts Theater
- Home to The Raven Players, Imagination Foundation Children's Theater and the Healdsburg Jazz Festival, the Raven Performing Arts Theater presents more than 80 performances every year. Community drives this independent cultural organization and regularly supports productions staged by local schools, churches, clubs and public and private organizations. Beatles Flashback, The Pirates of Penzance and philharmonic concerts are just a sampling of shows that happen here. Visit www.raventheater.org.
Healdsburg Center for the Arts
- Through culturally-rich programming that includes community education, events and exhibitions, the Healdsburg Center for the Arts inspires creativity year-round. Highlights include the Healdsburg Arts Festival featuring artists, crafts, a children's zone and more in September, engaging exhibits like the Abstract Artist Showcase, and a choice of classes that range from watercolor to mosaic tile-making. Visit www.healdsburgcenterforthearts.com.
Healdsburg Golf Club at Tayman Park
- Tee times at the Healdsburg Golf Club at Tayman Park are sure to be pleasant with gorgeous views of Fitch Mountain and the Dry Creek Valley. Located one mile from the Plaza in downtown Healdsburg, this club features an 18-hole, par 70 course designed by Alister MacKenzie, a pro shop, practice facility and bar and outside patio. Visit www.taymanparkgolfcourse.com.
Russian River Adventures
- Rafting enthusiasts might consider contacting Rivers Edge Kayak and Canoe for details about their thrilling eco-tour that includes coffee and cake, paddling on the river, fantastic views of local wildlife and time spent at local swimming holes and wandering the
Pacific Coast Air Museum
- The Charles M. Schulz - Sonoma County Airport is home to the Pacific Coast Air Museum, where visitors can view historic aircraft and learn more about the fascinating world of flight. The Pitts Special S1, F-4C Phantom II, F-15 Eagle Responder are just a small sampling of the impressive collection. Each August, the museum also hosts the Wings Over Wine Country Air Show. Visit www.pacificcoastairmuseum.org.
Lake Sonoma Resort Area
- Only 10 minutes west of Healdsburg, the Lake Sonoma Resort Area appeals to those who like to spend time on the water with boat rentals, fishing and sailing. Families can also make reservations for the patio, a popular spot for picnics, barbecues and volleyball. Camping is also available on site. Visit www.lakesonoma.com.
- Wine country may be the last place that people expect to see majestic animals from Africa, but Safari West is home to more than 400 exotic mammals and birds. Within this 400-acre wildlife preserve roam zebras, cheetahs, giraffes and other gorgeous creatures. Viewing experiences at the "Sonoma Serengeti" include safari vehicle tours and a Whinos and Rhinos tour. Visit www.safariwest.com.
Best Western Dry Creek Inn Hotel - Healdsburg, California (CA)